DEADLINES THAT ENDS ON 31ST AUGUST 2020
Due to COVID-19, considering the difficulties the Government has given relaxation to the taxpayers the due dates of GST returns have been extended. Many GST compliance deadlines ends on 31st August 2020.
This article is a reminder for the taxpayers to file their GST returns before 31st August 2020.
Let us see one by one which all have to be filed before the due date:
- ITC 04:ITC-04 is related to job worker and submitted by the principal every quarter. It is furnished on or before the 25th day of the month succeeding in the quarter. The last date of ITC 04 of the 4th quarter of 2019-20 and the first quarter of 2020-21 is 31st August, 2020.
2.Letter of Undertaking (LUT): Letter of Undertaking (LUT) is a document that exporters can file to export goods or services without having to pay taxes. Any registered person can furnish LUT in form GST RFD 11 and export goods without the payment of integrated tax. The due date for filing of LUT for the financial year 2020-21 is extended to 31st August, 2020.
- GSTR-4 (2019-20): GSTR-4 is an annual form to be filed by a composition dealer.] 31st August 2020 is the last date for filing of GSTR-4 for the financial year 2019-20.
- GSTR-5: GSTR-5 is submitted by a Non- Resident taxable person. The due date of GSTR-5 is earlier of the followings:
- Within 20 days after the end of a calendar month
- Within 7 days after the last day of the validity period of registration
- GSTR-5A:GSTR-5A is submitted by the OIDAR service providers. GSTR-5A is furnished on or before within 20 days after the end of the month. The due date for GSTR-5A for the month of March 2020 to July 2020 is extended to 31st August, 2020.
- GSTR-6:GSTR-6 is filed by Input service distributors (ISD). It is filed within 13 days from the end of the month. As per Notification No. 55/2020 dated 27.06.2020, due date for GSTR-6 for the month of March 2020 to July 2020 is extended to 31st August, 2020. The details of invoices on which credit has been received and details of tax invoices issued by ISD to be furnished in the GSTR-6.
- GSTR-7:GSTR-7 is to be filed by the TDS deductor. It is furnished within 10 days after the end of the month in which tax has been deducted at source. As per Notification No. 55/2020 dated 27.06.2020, due date for GSTR-7 for the month of March 2020 to July 2020 is extended to 31st August, 2020
- GSTR-8:GSTR-8 is submitted by E-commerce operator who collects tax at source under section 52. It is furnished within 10 days after the end of the month in which collection of tax at source is made. The due date for GSTR- 8 for the month of March 2020 to July 2020 is extended to 31st August, 2020.
Connect with our expert team for any assistance in doing this compliance. Connect on Whatsapp at 7417381631 or 7017698021 for more details